Sunday, Nik and I took a Thai cooking class at the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School.Â The day started with a group trip to the market.
Then we went back to The Wok restaurant where we learned how to make 6 dishes:
- Phad Siewe (Fried Big Noodles with Sweet Soy Sauce)
- Hor Neung Plaa (Steamed Fish in Banana Leaves)
- Gaeng Garee Gai (Yellow Curry with Chicken)
- Gai Phad Med Mamuang (Chicken with Cashew Nuts)
- Plaah Goong (Spicy Prawn Salad North-Eastern Style)
- Kluay Buad Chee (Bananas in Coconut Milk)
The instruction was simple and informative, the cooking was rushed and easy, and the food was very good.Â The class cost 990Baht ($30) and came with a great cookbook with photos and 18 additional recipes.Â Lets just hope we can find the ingredients in the States.